I went out of town last week and when I came back, my bananas were waaaay too ripe and looking sad, just sitting on my counter when I got back. I almost threw them away several times and then it hit me – BANANA BREAD! So I saved them until the weekend and then used them to whip up a few batches. They turned out so cute in mini loaf pans and were perfect to give away (don’t worry! I kept a few for myself, too! They freeze really well; just sit out on your counter a little before you’re ready to eat it!)
You probably already have most of these ingredients on hand already, so get to it! If you like bananas, you will love this recipe! I slice up a few pieces and eat it when I have my morning coffee. I’m almost embarrassed to admit how much of it I’ve eaten this week and it’s only Wednesday… 😉
Easy Homemade Banana Bread
- 3 or 4 bananas (ripe – “the riper the better!” as my Mammaw says 🙂 )
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1½ cups of flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use Crisco and flour to grease mini loaf pans.
- Peel + mash the bananas.
- Stir in melted butter, egg, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Stir well.
- Add flour and stir well. Pour into loaf pans (about half full).
- Cook for 1 hour; make sure toothpick in center comes out clean.
Let cool for about 5 minutes and then remove banana bread loaves from pan and let cool on wire rack.
Next time I make this, I think I’m going to add some miniature chocolate chips, or maybe some finely chopped walnuts. You can also use a larger loaf pan if you’d like!
This would be great to make ahead and freeze, or even sweet little treat to gift someone – wrapped in cellophane bags and tied with ribbon! Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe for yourself!